AutoCad - Setup & Basics Tips
Take advantage of AutoCAD-specific keyboard shortcuts to save you valuable time. You can even create or modify the existing shortcuts.
- Click Manage tab > Customization panel > User Interface, or type CUI into the command line.
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Keyboard Shortcuts node to expand it.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the Shortcut Keys.
- To create a shortcut key, in the Command List pane, drag a command to the Shortcut Keys node in the Customizations In <file name> pane.
- To modify a shortcut key, select a shortcut key from under the Shortcut Keys node.
BONUS: Not to be confused with command aliases, which are abbreviations of commands used in the command line. Edit or create aliases by going to the Express Tools tab of the Ribbon and clicking on the Command Aliases tool.