Computer Support - Avoid SPAM Lawsuits By Obeying The CAN-SPAM Act
Most emailers believe that only other people send out spam, and that the email they send out contains vital information desired by everyone who receives it. Unfortunately, if a recipient of your email disagrees with you, you may be subject to a lawsuit if you aren't following the rules set up in the CAN-SPAM Act. If your client has deep pockets, a recipient may file a lawsuit hoping for a quick profit.
The following steps summarize the basic requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act:
- Ensure the header information on the email is accurate.
- Keep the subject line descriptive and honest.
- Give the recipients an opt-out method that's easy to complete.
- Identify commercial email as an advertisement.
- Include your physical postal address.