Adobe Illustrator - Import Excel Data To Create Graphs More Easily In Illustrator (9/10.x)
Rather than entering a lot of data in by hand, you can just import a text file of your data that you generate from Excel. To do this, open a spreadsheet in excel
- Choose File > Save As. From the format pop-up menu
- Select Text (Tab Delimited).
- Name and save your file.
- To use the file in Illustrator, select the Graph tool of your choice from the Toolbox
- Click on your document.
- In the Graph dialog box, enter the desired width and height.
- Then, click OK.
- In the resulting dialog box, click the Import Data button and navigate to the text file you exported from Excel.
- Click Import (Open in Windows) to bring the data into Illustrator. Then, click the Apply button to build the graph.