Adobe Illustrator - Working With The Spiral Tool In Illustrator (9/10.x)
You might think the Spiral tool just creates a basic spiral but it has detailed controls like many other Illustrator tools.
- Select the Spiral tool from the Toolbox and click it on your document to open the Spiral dialog box
- Here you can specify the radius, the rate of decay, which specifies how much each wind will decrease relative to the previous wind
- You can also specify the number of segments you want in the spiral
- Each wind of the spiral consists of four segments
- Lastly, you can specify whether you want a clockwise or counterclockwise direction for the spiral
- Once you've made your settings, click OK and the spiral appears instantly.